Build your organisation’s internal data analysis capabilities at scale
Cambridge Spark’s Data Essentials Certificate (L3) is a 13-month apprenticeship programme that covers the core concepts, skills and tools all professionals need to be data-driven and independent in their work.
The programme is designed to empower apprentices to develop a strong understanding of the value and opportunities that are possible with the smart use of data.
Apprentices will learn:
- How to prepare and analyse data efficiently
- How to visualise and present actionable data-driven insights in impactful ways
- How to use industry-standard tools including Excel, Power BI and Tableau
Apprentices will complete 20% off-the-job training, enabling a blended approach of theory and practical learning. Apprentices will have plenty of opportunities to apply learnings to their everyday role through work-based applications and projects.
The training is funded by the UK government through the Apprenticeship Levy. For levy-paying employers, there is no cost to training apprentices. Non-levy-paying employers only pay 5% of the cost.
As well as being offered as an apprenticeship, we can also offer flexible, employer-funded academies that cover the same modules, but without the requirements and regulations. Learning content can be customised to meet budget, timescales and skills requirements.
This route would suit those who are looking for more flexibility, are not eligible for funding or are not suitable for an apprenticeship.
About the Data Essentials Certificate (L3)
This apprenticeship is for your team if they are:
- Looking to build confidence and technical skills to work with data effectively
- Already working with spreadsheets but want to create more value from data and improve productivity
- Keen to learn data analysis skills that will enable them to progress into more technical, data-driven roles
- Looking for more interesting and engaging ways to present data insights
To be eligible for the apprenticeship, individuals must:
- Be in full-time employment in a relevant role
- Have a GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade B in one STEM subject (Maths is desirable)
- Have no prior data analysis experience (including a degree or other qualification)
Learn with K.A.T.E.®
Modules will be delivered and enhanced through a combination of live lectures, bite-sized video recordings, interactive quizzes and practical, impactful projects – all delivered via K.A.T.E.® (Knowledge Assessment Teaching Engine) – Cambridge Spark’s AI-powered interactive learning and development platform.
K.A.T.E.® provides a cutting edge learning environment to enable you to truly own your development and efficiently build your knowledge and skills.
“The K.A.T.E® platform forms part of our learning solution for a Data Science upskilling program we run called Data Science Academy. To make these technology solutions most effective, the key consideration for us is the balance between learner experience and scale/automation which the K.A.T.E® platform delivers on.”
What apprentices will learn
- The Value of Data
- Fundamental Statistics
- Excel for Data Analysis
- Reporting on Insights
- Data Quality, Validation & Visualisation
- Working with Power BI / Tableau
- Storytelling & Presenting with Data
- Data Compliance & Security
- Data Integration
- Introduction to Coding in Python
- The Risks & Opportunities of Emerging Technologies
- Portfolio writing & documentation
Assessment and certification
We’ll help you prepare for your certification exams and interview, and you will receive a Data Technician (Level 3) Apprenticeship Certificate.
Start your Application
Interested in learning more?
Fill out the following form and we’ll email you within the next two business days to arrange a quick call to help with any questions about the programme.
We look forward to speaking with you.