Build your organisation’s internal data analysis capabilities at scale
Cambridge Spark’s Data Essentials Certificate (L3) is a 13-month apprenticeship programme that covers the core concepts, skills and tools all professionals need to be data-driven and independent in their work.
The programme is designed to empower apprentices to develop a strong understanding of the value and opportunities that are possible with the smart use of data.
Apprentices will learn:
- How to prepare and analyse data efficiently
- How to visualise and present actionable data-driven insights in impactful ways
- How to use industry-standard tools including Excel, Power BI and Tableau
Apprentices will complete 20% off-the-job training, enabling a blended approach of theory and practical learning. Apprentices will have plenty of opportunities to apply learnings to their everyday role through work-based applications and projects.
The training is funded by the UK government through the Apprenticeship Levy. For levy-paying employers, there is no cost to training apprentices. Non-levy-paying employers only pay 5% of the cost.
About the Data Essentials Certificate (L3)
This apprenticeship is for your team if they are:
- Looking to build confidence and technical skills to work with data effectively
- Already working with spreadsheets but want to create more value from data and improve productivity
- Keen to learn data analysis skills that will enable them to progress into more technical, data-driven roles
- Looking for more interesting and engaging ways to present data insights
To be eligible for the apprenticeship, individuals must:
- Be in full-time employment in a relevant role
- Have a GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade B in one STEM subject (Maths is desirable)
- Have no prior data analysis experience (including a degree or other qualification)
Learn with K.A.T.E.®
Modules will be delivered and enhanced through a combination of live lectures, bite-sized video recordings, interactive quizzes and practical, impactful projects – all delivered via K.A.T.E.® (Knowledge Assessment Teaching Engine) – Cambridge Spark’s AI-powered interactive learning and development platform.
K.A.T.E.® provides a cutting edge learning environment to enable you to truly own your development and efficiently build your knowledge and skills.
“The K.A.T.E® platform forms part of our learning solution for a Data Science upskilling program we run called Data Science Academy. To make these technology solutions most effective, the key consideration for us is the balance between learner experience and scale/automation which the K.A.T.E® platform delivers on.”
What apprentices will learn
- The Value of Data
- Fundamental Statistics
- Excel for Data Analysis
- Reporting on Insights
- Data Quality, Validation & Visualisation
- Working with Power BI / Tableau
- Storytelling & Presenting with Data
- Data Compliance & Security
- Data Integration
- Introduction to Coding in Python
- The Risks & Opportunities of Emerging Technologies
- Portfolio writing & documentation
Assessment and certification
We’ll help you prepare for your certification exams and interview, and you will receive a Data Technician (Level 3) Apprenticeship Certificate.
Start your Application
Interested in learning more?
Fill out the following form and we’ll email you within the next two business days to arrange a quick call to help with any questions about the programme.
We look forward to speaking with you.