Harness the power of Big Data with our Distance Learning Masters Programme
Advance your employees technical skill sets with our online Masters in Data Science.
Over two-years, learners will develop the skills to apply advanced Data Science tools and techniques to large, complex datasets, in order to extract and derive valuable insights and inform strategic decision making.
- Learn to write production-ready Python code, at your own pace, anywhere
- Apply advanced Data Science tools and techniques to real-world data
- Attend a hackathon-style Bootcamp in Cambridge in year two
- Build a portfolio of Data Science projects in an industry-simulated environment
Digital Learning & K.A.T.E.®
The course will be taught via Anglia Ruskin Univeristy’s digital learning platform, Canvas; and K.A.T.E.® (Knowledge Assessment Teaching Engine), Cambridge Spark’s proprietary AI-powered learning and development platform.
K.A.T.E.® provides instant feedback on code quality within an industry-simulated environment so students can effectively benchmark their code. It also provides personalised recommendations to enable learners to truly own their development and achieve a steeper rate of learning – guaranteeing ROI to business and L&D leaders.
During the Master’s programme, learners will gain the technical and domain knowledge to accurately predict trends, optimise performance, improve decision making and increase business competitiveness upon completing the degree.
To support them along their journey, learners will have access to their online modules and K.A.T.E.® 24/7 – empowering them to learn anywhere, at any time. They will also benefit from receiving support and guidance from their personal tutors at Anglia Ruskin University.
Register your interest
If you have any questions regarding the course or you’re looking to start your application today, please complete the below form and our head of admissions will be in touch within one working day.
There is a recognised significant skills gap in Data Science-based systems specialists in the industry, nationally and internationally. This is despite data scientist roles growing over 650% since 2012, with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Big Data Engineers ranking among the top emerging jobs*.
*(U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Employers have highlighted the importance of data science and its potential to revolutionise a number of industries, from social sciences, physics and engineering to market analysis and banking, while creating significant employment opportunities for data analysts, machine learning specialists and data specialists.
Due to the specialist nature of this course, applicants are required to pass a proficiency quiz in Python before submitting an application for the course. To find out more please contact Anglia Ruskin University at email@example.com or call (0)1245 686 707.– First or second class honours degree in a scientific discipline
– At least A level Maths or Statistics (or equivalent)
– Intermediate level knowledge of Python (Tested via online pre-qualifier quiz)
– If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated list of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or above.Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may be also considered on a case-by-case basis and may require an interview.University’s standard procedures for admission with credit will apply where candidates wish to be considered for Accredited Prior Learning (APL) and Accredited Prior Expediential Learning (APEL) for entry into year 2 or later of the course.
No problem! If your employee has a bachelors degree but is lacking in the technical side of the requirements, we recently introduced our Applied Data Analytics Bootcamp in London, enabling them to meet the programming prerequisites of the MSc Data Science, covered across five intensive weekends.
In collaboration with